Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 fennel head
- 2 ounces ricotta salata, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Use a mandoline to thinly shave Brussels sprouts and fennel. Transfer to a medium bowl and add ricotta salata, dried cranberries, and tomato. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes. Toss gently before serving.
Per serving: 228 kcal cal., 17 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 436 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 5 g pro., 65 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet