Shrimp, Sunchoke, and Stone Fruit Ceviche
- 4 to 5 limes
- 12 ounces cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Kosher salt
- 1 carrot
- 1 sunchoke
- 2 ripe but firm plums
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- Avocado slices, for serving (optional)
- Zest 2 of the limes into a large bowl and then squeeze in 1/2 cup juice from all the limes. Add the shrimp and scallions, season with salt, and stir well to mix. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrot and grate on the large holes of a box grater. Peel the sunchoke and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Pit the plums and cut into thin wedges. Stem, seed, and mince the jalapeno.
- Add carrot, sunchoke, plums, jalapeno, and mint to the shrimp. Mix well and season to taste with salt. Add avocado slices if desired.
Per serving: 131 kcal cal., 0.4 g fat (0.1 g sat. fat), 228 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 21 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet