Sicilian Orange-Cucumber Salad
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and divided in half
- 1/2 small English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 12 pitted oil-cured black olives, each one quartered
- Cut each orange half into thin slices and place them in a bowl, along with the cucumbers. Drizzle with oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently toss to mix. Transfer to a decorative serving platter. Scatter onion, mint leaves and olives over top. Flavors will meld best if salad is allowed to sit a few minutes before serving.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 84 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 11 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 1 g pro., 50 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet