Skinny Mac 'n' Cheese
Made from a type of yam, shirataki noodles have a satisfying chewy texture, yet are super low-calorie and low-carb. Be sure to round out this meal with a big salad or other veggies so you stay satisfied.
- 1 7 ounce bag shirataki ziti noodles
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Wash noodles thoroughly in water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place in a bowl and mix in remaining ingredients, adding pepper to taste. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
- Recipe provided by Cassey Ho of Blogilates
Per serving: 42 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 259 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 4.5 g pro., 89 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet