Slaw with Green Goddess Dressing
Blending the ingredients creates a creamy texture, and the jalapeno, cilantro, scallions and lime give this slaw a nice zing. Use Napa or Savoy cabbage, which have soft, crinkly leaves that are more tender and flavorful than your typical green cabbage.
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and membranes removed, chopped
- Zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage, preferably Napa or Savoy
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and sliced very thin
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- Combine the scallions, jalapeno pepper, lime zest, lime juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until emulsified. Dressing will be thick and creamy looking. Add 1/4 cup cilantro and pulse a few times until combined. If desired, add a few drops of water to thin out the dressing.
- Place the cabbage, red pepper, red onion and carrot in a bowl, add the dressing and toss. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves on top and serve.
- Recipe provided by chef and culinary instructor Jennifer Rossano.
Per serving: 142 kcal cal., 11 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 4 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet