Slow Cooker Chicken Burritos
Mexican food is always a favorite. Just stir the ingredients for these burritos into your slow cooker and let everyone assemble their own.
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 chopped small uncooked red onion
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, with chiles
- 1 15 ounce can drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup canned chicken broth
- 12 medium whole wheat tortillas, about 7-inches in diameter each
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-style cheese
- Place garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, chili powder, salt, oregano, and pepper in 3-quart slow cooker; stir well. Add chicken and broth.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours; drain off liquid (there should be about 6 cups of burrito mixture).
- To serve, spoon about 1/2 cup of burrito mixture down center of each tortilla; top with 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla to center.
- Fold left side to center; fold right side to center, covering filling. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 217 kcal cal., 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 558 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 13 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet