Slow Cooker Chunky Minestrone
Full of veggies and Italian spices, this hearty and healthy stew is so simple to put together, it basically makes itself.
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 1/2 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 ounces rotini pasta
- 4 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine broth, tomatoes, beans, water, onion, zucchini, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 to 8 hours. Thirty minutes before serving, add pasta and spinach. Season with salt and pepper, and cook on low for an additional 30 minutes. Serve in individual bowls topped with cheese.
- Recipe provided by Relish!
Per serving: 356 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 1581 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 18 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet