Slow Cooker Three-Bean Vegetarian Chili
This vegetarian chili is a cinch to prepare thanks to supermarket staples. Leftovers make excellent burrito or taco fillings.
- 1 large uncooked onion, minced
- 1 clove medium garlic, minced
- 30 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces canned diced tomatoes, with chilies
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 ounces spiced seasoning mix, chili variety
- 14 ounces frozen kernels
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh, minced cilantro
- Combine onion, garlic, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for 2 to 3 hours (or low heat for 4 to 6 hours). Add frozen corn during last hour of cooking. Stir in lime juice and cilantro just before serving.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 280 kcal cal., 1.5 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 54 g carb., 17 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 16 g pro., 41 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet