Smoked Tofu Fried Rice
Have leftover rice? Make a quick and easy stir-fry to get the most out of your leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces smoked tofu, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, chopped (white and light green parts)
- Fresh ginger
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a nonstick wok or large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and stir fry for about a minute. Add garlic and ginger and stir for another minute or two.
- Add rice and toss until slightly browned and crispy. Add salt, soy sauce and smoked tofu cubes, mixing to distribute. Push whole mixture over to the side and pour in egg. Scramble it with a silicone spatula until fully cooked, and then toss in remaining ingredients.
- Distribute fried rice between two bowls, garnish with the sliced scallions and enjoy.
- Recipe courtesy of Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine of Big Girls, Small Kitchen.
Per serving: 531 kcal cal., 22 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 894 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 18 g pro., 269 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet