Smoky Shrimp with Bacon
If you like spicy foods, you'll love this sizzling recipe!
- 3 strips lean bacon
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 2 canned chipotle chilies, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 4 ounce jar sliced roasted red peppers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sizzle, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 4 minutes. Cool and crumble into bits.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Place in same skillet used to cook bacon over medium heat and saute for 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic, chipotle chilies, and ground coriander to skillet; saute for 3 minutes. Stir in salsa and roasted red peppers. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and heat until just cooked through (about 2 minutes). Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve garnished with crumbled bacon.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt and does not include lean bacon.
Per serving: 158 kcal cal., 2 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 704 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 24 g pro., 89 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet