S'mores Pudding Bowl
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons date soaking water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup organic superfine cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup vegan graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy-free, nut-free vegan mini chocolate chips
- To make the chocolate pudding, place avocado, cocoa powder, dates, water, maple syrup, and salt in a food processor and process with an s-blade until smooth. It may take a couple of minutes for the dates to break down. Add more date soaking water to the pudding if you think it is too thick. Refrigerate the pudding for 1 to 2 hours until chilled.
- To make the marshmallow fluff, put the aquafaba into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat the liquid on medium speed until foamy. Raise the speed to high and beat until the mixture has expanded considerably and forms peaks, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- With the mixer running, add the superfine sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and then add the vanilla powder. The fluff should form soft peaks.
- Divide the pudding among 4 small bowls and then place about 1/3 cup of marshmallow fluff into each bowl. Using a kitchen torch, toast the top of the fluff lightly. (If you do not have a torch, you can omit this step.) Top the dessert with the crushed graham crackers and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Vegan Bowl Attack by Jackie Sobon