Snap Pea and Radicchio Basil Pizza
Salad on pizza sounds odd, but try it once, and you'll definitely put freshly tossed greens on top of your cheese pie again. Be sure to wait until your pizza is almost done cooking to make the salad, otherwise it'll wilt a bit too much.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea salt
- 2 small balls (11 ounces total) pizza dough
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 small head (3/4 pound) radicchio, thinly sliced
- 2 packed cups fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 1 - 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. If using a pizza stone, move it to oven 1 hour before baking. If using a baking sheet, move it to oven 30 minutes before.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Saute snap peas until bright green, about 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside. Add another 1/2 tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Once warm, saute onions about 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Add another 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Simmer over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes until garlic is fragrant but not colored. Set oil aside.
- Make dressing by whisking together mustard, vinegars, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness. Drizzle with garlic-red pepper oil. Top each with half the snap peas, onions, and cheese. Crack 1 egg on top of each. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes. While pizza is baking, mix together radicchio, basil, and dressing.
- Finish pizzas with a sprinkle of sea salt, black pepper to taste, and some lemon zest. Top each with half the radicchio-basil salad.
- Recipe provided by Cristina of TheRoamingKitchen.net
Per serving: 456 kcal cal., 25 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 859 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 18 g pro., 400 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet