Spaghetti String Beans
Enjoy this string beans recipe like you would spaghetti, with a little butter and cheese for far fewer calories and carbohydrates. If you don't have a garlic press, mince the cloves of garlic very finely.
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt over minced garlic and chop it again, using the salt's grittiness to really break up the pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Trim ends of beans. Add 2 teaspoons of salt to water, then add string beans. Boil for 4-5 minutes, until beans no longer taste raw but are still firm. Drain.
- Immediately toss string beans with butter, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and Parmesan. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Per serving: 87 kcal cal., 5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 132 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 5 g pro., 124 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet