Spiced Hot Chocolate
Leave the marshmallows to the kids and jazz up your cocoa with chili peppers and hazelnut liqueur for a more grown-up drink.
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 disc (3.1 ounces) Mexican chocolate*
- 2 ounces Frangelico
- 2 ounces Cabo Wabo Blanco tequila
- Chipotle powder or chili powder
- Cinnamon, for garnish
- Place milk, cinnamon stick, and chocolate in a Crock-pot. Warm on low heat for about 30 minutes, watching so it doesn't get too frothy. Whisk to ensure everything is blended and use immediately. Combine Frangelico and tequila, and divide among 6 mugs. Add 1 pinch chipotle or chili powder to each to taste. Divide hot chocolate among mugs, and garnish with cinnamon and additional chipotle or chili powder.
- *Find Mexican chocolate in Hispanic and gourmet grocery stores.
- Recipe created by Micaela Piccolo of Distilled NYC for Frangelico and Cabo Wabo
Per serving: 174 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 23 g carb., 1 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 6 g pro., 204 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet