Spiced Pork and Cherry Kabobs
- 2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, stemmed and seeded, plus 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound cherries, stemmed and pitted
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the grill or a grill pan to medium high.
- Place chipotles, adobo sauce, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, tomato paste, coriander, salt, and pepper in a blender or a food processor and puree. Place pork in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the sauce. In another medium bowl, toss cherries with remaining sauce.
- Alternately thread pork and cherries onto 8 long skewers or 12 medium ones (if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for a half hour beforehand). Reserve sauce that remains in the cherry bowl.
- Grill skewers on one side until pork releases easily from the grate, about 2 minutes. Flip skewers and brush with reserved sauce. Grill for 2 minutes more, then flip skewers again and brush with sauce. Continue to grill until pork is nearly white in the center, 1 to 2 minutes more. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Per serving: 242 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1.4 g sat. fat), 25 g carb., 3 g fiber, 25 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet