Spicy Curried Coconut Soup With Shrimp
- 1 ounce rice vermicelli, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cleaned, cooked, and roughly chopped shrimp
- 4 roughly chopped Thai or regular basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- Layer vermicelli, coconut cream, curry paste, ginger, carrots, bell pepper, and shrimp in the jar. Add basil and peanuts.
- When you're ready to eat, fill jar to the top with boiling water. Stir carefully, cover, and let stand for 7 minutes or until noodles are tender. Season to taste with salt.
- Pack these soups in jars that hold about 18 ounces.
- Courtesy of Elana Karp, the head chef for the meal-kit company Plated and a coauthor of the Plated cookbook
Per serving: 472 kcal cal.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet