Spicy Sushi Bowl
For the spicy mayonnaise:
- 1 package (12 ounces) soft silken tofu
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
For the sushi bowl:
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 sheets of nori seaweed cut into strips
- 4 ounces cucumber, julienne-cut
- 6 ounces daikon radish, julienne-cut
- 6 ounces mango, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- 1 cup edamame, steamed and removed from pods
- 3 tablespoons panko bread crumbs, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- To make the spicy mayonnaise, place all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until completely smooth. Transfer the mayo to a jar or large squeeze bottle and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Place the sushi rice, water, and rice vinegar in a pot over medium-low heat, partially cover, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the rice is soft, but not mushy. Fluff with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the nori strips among 4 bowls, crisscrossing them. Divide the cooked rice among the bowls, as well as the cucumber, daikon radish, mango, avocado, and edamame.
- Combine the panko bread crumbs and sesame seeds in a small bowl and then sprinkle the mix over each bowl. Finish each bowl with a drizzle of spicy mayo. Serve immediately.
- Credit: Vegan Bowl Attack by Jackie Sobon