Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
Try out this amazingly delicious dish that's as dramatic in presentation as it is easy in preparation
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a small baking sheet with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove any green leaves and the woody stem.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chile powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30 to 40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
- Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.
- This recipe originally appeared as Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower on PureWow.