Spring Herb Quinoa Patties
Crispy on the outside yet soft and chewy inside, these mini cakes are bursting with refreshing herbs and slightly nutty Gruyere. Serve them as appetizers or as a main meal with a dollop of Greek yogurt served over a bed of mixed greens.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly whisk eggs. Add onion, mint, parsley, cheese, breadcrumbs, and salt. Mix well. Add cooked quinoa and combine well.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and drizzle in olive oil. Form eight tightly packed 2-inch patties and place in the pan. Cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Recipe provided by Kelly of EatYourselfSkinny.com
- Nutrition information based on 2 cakes per serving.
Per serving: 217 kcal cal., 9.5 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 3 g fiber, 12 g pro., 167 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet