Sriracha Spiked Artichoke Pasta Sauce
This tasty pasta sauce is another reason to store canned artichokes in your pantry. Artichokes are also brimming with good-for-you nutrients like fiber, folate, and vitamins C and K. These babies also contain the antioxidant silymarin, thought to help protect the liver and protect from heart disease.
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped (1/2 cup reserved for garnish)
- 1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Parmesean cheese
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped fine
- 1 generous squirt of Sriracha sauce (if you want to make it hotter, add more)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika plus enough for a very light dusting for garnish (I use hot paprika/can use sweet if desired)
- 1 pound pasta, cooked according to package directions; reserve 1 cup HOT cooking liquid
- 1/2 cup drained sun dried tomatoes or chopped roasted red peppers
- Mix artichokes, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, onion, and Sriracha in a blender until well combined.
- With blender on a low setting, thin sauce with reserved pasta water by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time. Continue to add water until sauce is at desired consistency.
- Add to pasta and garnish with reserved artichokes and sun dried tomatoes or peppers. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Recipe and Photo by Robin Plotkin, R.D, Culinary Nutritionist.
Per serving: 498 kcal cal., 11 g fat) (78 g carb., 14 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 23 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet