Steamed Fish with Chia Seeds
This recipe works great with salmon, but also tastes deliclous with cod, halibut, pomfret, tilapia, or red snapper. The simple, light flavors in this recipe make it a perfect pair for more flavorful side dishes.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
- 4 fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, sliced
- A few coriander or parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon black Chia seeds
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, ginger, garlic, water and oil.
- Add fish and turn the pieces over to coat, then set aside for 5 minutes. Place filets in a steaming basket or steamer. Set over boiling water, cover with lid, and steam for about 3 to 5 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Transfer to plates and sprinkle with spring onions, coriander, and chia seeds.
- You can also place fish in a baking dish and pour marinade over fish, add 2 tablespoons water, and cover with baking paper and foil then bake in a 350-degree oven for about 8 to 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about 2 to 3 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
- Recipe provided by The Chia Co.