Strawberry Arugula Salad with Chicken, Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette
Another way to enjoy chicken breast is sliced over a salad that contains goat cheese, almonds, and strawberries - are you salivating yet? Use leftover chicken breast and brown bag this salad to work. Be sure to pack the dressing separately and pour right before eating.
For the Creamy Strawberry Lemon Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 whole strawberries, stems/tops removed
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby arugula (AKA rocke) or other salad greens
- 2 cups whole fresh strawberries, stems/tops removed and sliced
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup micro greens, optional for garnish
- Prepare the salad dressing by combining the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, strawberries, salt and pepper in a blender, and blend on high until smooth. Set aside, or store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble the salads, place 3 cups each of arugula or other salad greens on two plates. Divide remaining ingredients in half and top greens with sliced strawberries, sliced chicken breast, goat cheese, and slivered almonds. Drizzle salad dressing evenly over each plate, and top each salad with 1/2 cup (optional) micro greens. Serve immediately.
- Recipe by EA Stewart, R.D., of The Spicy RD.
Per serving: 400 kcal cal., 28 g fat) (488 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 23 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet