Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
A classic combo, strawberries and rhubarb make for a tart yet sweet dessert, this one topped with a slightly nutty-tasting quinoa crumble.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved (or quartered if large berries)
- 1 cup trimmed, sliced rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup quinoa cereal flakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free millet flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine strawberries and rhubarb in a bowl. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar and toss to coat. Pour fruit into prepared baking dish and distribute evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine quinoa flakes, flour, pecans, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add coconut oil in pieces and use your hands to combine to create a sandy, crumbly texture. Sprinkle crumble topping over fruit.
- Bake for 25 minutes until browned and slightly bubbling, or longer for more tender fruit. Cool before serving.
- Recipe provided by Karina of GlutenFreeGoddess.Blogspot.com
Per serving: 290 kcal cal., 17 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 33 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g pro., 38 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet