Strawberry Salsa Fish Tacos with Ginger-Cilantro Vinaigrette
Cilantro is a flavorful herb you'll find most often in Mexican, Latin-inspired, and Asian cuisine. This spring and early summer herb is easy to grow at home, and does particularly well in warmer temperatures.
For the salsa:
- 2 cups strawberry, diced
- 1 cup avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion, very small diced
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, very small diced
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
For the fish tacos:
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut into about 2 x 4 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 8 taco tortillas
- For the salsa, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- For the vinaigrette, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- For the fish tacos, season the fillet with salt and pepper to taste. Grill them on a greased grill for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Set aside.
- Warm up tortillas and serve on the table.
- To assemble, take a tortilla, add a grilled tilapia piece, top with strawberry salsa and drizzle the vinaigrette.
- Created by Melissa Bailey of Hungry Food Love for California Strawberry Commission.
Per serving: 372 kcal cal., 25 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 20 g carb., 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 19 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet