Strawberry-Sunflower Tart With Coconut-Oat Crust
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened plain coconut milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, toss strawberries with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Set aside and let stand, stirring occasionally, until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Coat an 8-inch tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray.
- Place oats and coconut in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Place butter, salt, and remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a small bowl and microwave in 15-second increments until butter melts. Add to oat mixture and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- Press oat and butter mixture into the bottom and up the sides of prepared tart pan. Bake until golden brown and dry, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack, then remove from tart pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Spread yogurt in the bottom of the crust. Use a slotted spoon to place strawberries on top. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Serve immediately with remaining strawberry syrup for drizzling.
- Choose a thick yogurt like Anita's Creamline Coconut Yogurt so that the tart will hold together when you slice it. Or strain a less dense brand to make it more custard-like: Scoop it into a fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl and refrigerate while you prepare the crust and the strawberries.
Per serving: 172 kcal cal., 9 g fat (6.2 g sat. fat), 48 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet