- To make plain hummus, blend 1 can drained chickpeas, 1 juiced lemon, 1 tablespoon tahini, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1/2 cup olive oil in a food processor or a blender until creamy and smooth. To get the different colors, make these swaps listed below.
- Swap in black beans for chickpeas. Add 2 garlic cloves and 3 small jalapenos. Garnish with sliced jalapenos.
- Add 2 garlic cloves and 1 cup cooked peas. Garnish with chopped mint if desired.
- Add 2 garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon turmeric, and 1 head roasted cauliflower.
- Swap in white beans for chickpeas. Add 1 1/2 cups roasted pumpkin seeds, 3 garlic cloves, and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Garnish with more pumpkin seeds.
- Add 2 roasted beets, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, and 1 garlic clove.
- Created by Elizabeth Stein, CEO and founder of Purely Elizabeth