Stuffed Sweet Potato with Avocado Salsa and Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees . Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and roast for 50 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To a medium bowl, add avocado, maple syrup, lime juice, shallot, pine nuts, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Stir to combine and season with salt to taste.
- Halve sweet potatoes lengthwise and top with avocado salsa.
- Recipe by Thomas Chen, the executive chef and owner of Tuome in New York City
Per serving: 389 kcal cal., 13 g fat (1.7 g sat. fat), 66 g carb., 13 g fiber, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet