Summer Corn and Herb Salad with Feta
You'll find a burst of parsley and cilantro in this summer salad. To make the most of these herbs, shake off the excess water and trim any wilted parts after buying. Then wrap them in a paper towel and place in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add corn and cook 3 to 6 minutes, or until tender (time will vary depending on freshness of corn). Remove corn from pot and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine red onion, scallions, cilantro, parsley, olive oil and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully strip corn from the cob and add to the herb mixture; stir until combined.
- Scoop into lettuce leaves.
- Sprinkle each leaf with feta and top with freshly ground pepper. Serve.
- Recipe and photo provided by Jenny Shea Rawn, R.D.
Per serving: 195 kcal cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet