Summer Fruit, Cheese, and Prosciutto Antipasto Plate
Entertain guests with this Italian-style platter, packed with beta-carotene, calcium, fiber, and protein.
- 3 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces (about 1/2 cup) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 8 teaspoons wildflower honey
- 4 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 1 small cantaloupe, quartered, seeds removed
- 4 plums, pitted and cut into 6 wedges
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled
- Lay out 4 dinner plates. For each serving, fill a 1-cup measuring cup to the 3/4 mark with ricotta cheese and turn upside down in the center of each plate to create a dome.
- Sprinkle 1/2 ounce (2 tablespoons) of crumbled Gorgonzola cheese over each ricotta dome.
- Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Drape one portion of prosciutto over each cantaloupe wedge and place one wedge on each plate.
- Arrange 6 plum wedges and 3 strawberries around each ricotta dome.
- Round out the meal with some crusty whole-wheat bread and an Italian-style dessert of iced decaffeinated coffee laced with skim milk and hazelnut syrup.
Per serving: 394 kcal cal., 7 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 50 g carb., 4 g fiber, 37 g sugar, 28 g pro., 405 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet