Super Speedy Pasta and Bean Soup
A fresh and zesty way to satisfy your appetite.
- 8 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup alphabet pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1 15 ounce can cut green beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 11 ounce can white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can black or white beans, rinsed and drained
- Place broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes.
- Add green beans, corn, and beans (black or white). Simmer 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Stir in two 6-ounce cans of chicken, drained and rinsed (adds 72 calories, 19 g carbs, 1 g fat, 12 g protein, 45 mg calcium) or in two 6-ounce cans small shrimp, rinsed and drained (adds 68 calories, 1 g carbs, 2 g fat, 11 g fiber, 14 g protein, 1 g saturated fat, 30 mg calcium).
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 314 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 1416 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 21 g pro., 145 mg calcium, 6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet