Sweet Batter Crêpes
Make your own exquisite crepes with this recipe. Toss in bananas, berries, vanilla yogurt, or margarine and cinnamon for added flavor.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, water, egg whites, and vanilla together. Whisk in flour and sugar. Pour into a small pitcher or glass measuring cup.
- Set a shallow nonstick skillet or a crepe pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, coat with cooking spray. Using 3 to 4 tablespoons batter for each crepe, pour mix onto pan. Tilt pan to coat the bottom evenly. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until bottom sets and starts to bubble. Run a thin knife or spatula under edges, lift crepe, and flip over. Cook for 30 seconds until bottom is speckled with golden dots.
- Pan temperature: You need to preheat your pan to medium-high heat so that a drop of water bounces on the surface. If the pan is too hot, the water will quickly evaporate, and the crepe will burn. If the pan isn't hot enough, the water will lie flat, and the crepe will not cook properly.
- Batter quantity: Add just enough to coat the surface of the pan so it's almost see-through. Too much just makes a pancake.
Per serving: 94 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 41 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 4 g pro., 41 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet