Sweet Georgia Peach and Chicken Kebabs
The trick to delicious kebabs is the marinade, and in this recipe, a peach balsamic vinaigrette enhances the combination of more peaches and grilled Vidalia onion. For the best flavor, make sure to marinate the chicken in the vinaigrette for at least an hour prior to assembling the kebabs.
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large peach, peeled, pitted, and pureed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 - 6 fresh peaches, rinsed and sliced into large cubes (leave skin on)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into large chunks
- 1 bottle peach vinaigrette
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water
For the dressing:
- Whisk vinegar, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Whisk in oil until blended.
- Stir in fresh peaches and basil.
- Set aside and make kebabs
For the kebabs:
- Soak wooden skewers in water
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 to 3 inch cubes.
- Cut peaches and onions into chunks big enough to skewer.
- Assemble kebabs by placing onion, peaches, and chicken on the skewers.
- Pour vinaigrette over the top, cover, and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat grill to about 375 degrees F and spray with non-stick spray.
- Cook kebabs for 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times, until done.
- Recipe and photo provided by Amee Livingston founder of Amee's Savory Dish.
Per serving: 275 kcal cal., 11 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 239 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 19 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet