Sweet Potato Frittata
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes (orange, purple, or a mix)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Ground cinnamon (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Pure maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees . On a baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with oil and bake until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350 degrees .
- Add eggs, cream, vanilla, and salt to a blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Place a small skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add butter; when it's melted, swirl the skillet to coat the bottom and up the sides. Add egg mixture and let cook undisturbed for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat. Layer sweet potato slices in the eggs and transfer pan to the oven. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Run a knife or a small spatula around the edge of the frittata to loosen it from the skillet. Invert it onto a plate or serve it straight from the skillet. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. Slice and serve.
- Recipe by Jessica Seinfeld, author of cookbook Food Swings.
Per serving: 306 kcal cal., 17 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 3 g fiber, 14 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet