Sweet Potato Noodles with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
Instead of baking your potatoes, make them into comforting pasta. The slightly sweet, creamy sauce here bursts with roasted red pepper flavor.
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 roasted red pepper, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust flavor to taste, if necessary.
- Spiralize sweet potatoes (or use a regular vegetable peeler to make fettuccini-like noodles). Pour coconut oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add sweet potato and saute until crisp-tender. Pour sauce over noodles and vegetables, and toss to coat well. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Recipe provided by Megan Gilmore of The Detoxinista
Per serving: 298 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 777 mg sodium, 11 g fiber, 8 g pro., 231 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet