Sweet Potato Quinoa Patties with Creamy Slaw
- 1 small sweet potato, baked and skin removed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- In a blender, combine sweet potato, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, lime juice, and water. Blend on high until a thick paste develops, about 2 minutes.
- Move sweet potato mixture to a large bowl and combine with quinoa. Form 4 equally sized patties.
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from heat and place patties on paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, honey, and lemon juice and whisk until thoroughly combined. Add carrots and cabbage and toss to coat.
- Add equal amounts of slaw to each of two serving bowls and top each with 2 sweet potato patties. Serve warm or chilled.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 295 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat) (1319 mg sodium, 6.2 g fiber, 31.6 g sugar, 9.7 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet