Swiss Chard Tabbouleh with Pumpkin Seeds
Take a trip to the Middle East with this fresh and light vegetarian dish. Bright flavors like lemon juice and mint pop alongside earthy bulgur and toasted pumpkin seeds. Whip it up in advance as the perfect on-the-go lunch, or serve it as a filling entree on #MeatlessMonday.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 bunch rainbow chard, leaves finely chopped and stems thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the bulgur according to directions on package.
- Drain and shake in order to remove water.
- Spread the grains on a small baking sheet or plate and refrigerate, stirring once, until the grains are completely dry, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the bulgur, chard, scallions, pumpkin seeds, mint, lemon juice, oil, and sumac.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Recipe provided by Charlyne Mattox, author of Cooking with Seeds.
Per serving: 320 kcal cal., 19 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 33 g carb., 9 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet