Taquitos with Chicken and Black Beans
This tasty Mexican tortilla is perfect for Cinco de Mayo, or whenever you want to add some zest to your day.
- 8 ounces diced cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
For the White Bean-Spiked Guacamole:
- 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and flesh scooped from peel (should yield about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a shallow roasting pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, beans, chilies, sour cream, and chili powder; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll tortillas into a thick, cigar-like shape and place, seam side down, side by side in pan. Spray the surface of rolls with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper if desired. Bake 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: In a medium bowl, mash together beans and avocado, leaving large chunks if desired. Fold in lime juice, cilantro, cumin and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Spoon over the top or alongside the taquitos and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 465 kcal cal., 19 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 50 g carb., 15 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 28 g pro., 134 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet