Thai Beef Salad
The high-fiber veggies combined with lean protein content make for a filling, flavorful meal.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated jalapeno (or to taste)
- 5 scallions, very thinly sliced, white and some green parts
- 8 cups very thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups packaged shredded carrots
- 1 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped mint
- 1 cup loosely packed, roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat broiler to high. In a small bowl, whisk together lime and orange juices, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and jalapeno. Add scallions and set aside. In a large salad bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots, mint and cilantro. Set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and place on broiler pan. Broil, turning once, until done to your liking (about 6-7 minutes per side for medium rare, 8 minutes for medium, 9-10 minutes for well).
- Remove meat to a cutting board and let cool 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
- Add to cabbage salad, then add dressing and toss to coat evenly. Divide between 2 serving plates and serve immediately.
Per serving: 384 kcal cal., 9 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 1771 mg sodium, 16 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 34 g pro., 307 mg calcium, 10 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet