Thai Peanut Pasta
Just toss everything into a pot and cook, and you have a flavorful dinner in 15 minutes.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (and/or fish sauce, if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-inch piece ginger, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-by-1/4-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, halved lengthwise, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dried cilantro (or flat-leaf parsley)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Place first 12 ingredients into a large stockpot. Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Cook for 5 more minutes on medium-high heat until pasta is al dente and almost all liquid has evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute liquid in the bottom of the pot. Remove ginger and stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Recipe provided by ApronStringsBlog.com
Per serving: 500 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 403 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 20 g pro., 72 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet