Thai Steak Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces lean beef, sliced into 1/4" strips
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles
- 1/2 cup peeled and shredded carrots
- Coat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon sesame oil and heat over medium heat. Add carrots and lemongrass and cook until slightly softened, about 7 minutes.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon sesame oil and soy sauce in skillet and add beef and pea pods. Season with curry powder and garlic powder and stir while cooking for 5-7 minutes or until beef is cooked through.
- Add rice noodles to skillet and toss to combine ingredients thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- Pour equal amounts of noodles into each of two serving bowls.
- Pour equal amounts of stir-fry over noodles. Garnish each with 1/4 cup shredded carrots. Serve hot.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 680 kcal cal., 24.4 g fat) (65.6 g carb., 7.1 g fiber, 5.9 g sugar, 43.6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet