Tofu and Vegetables with Sesame Broth and Cellophane Noodles
Try a satisfying sesame-ginger stir-fry with flavorful Asian flair.
- 2 3 3/4 ounce packages cellophane or bean thread noodles (or angel-hair or capellini pasta, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil (don't use cold-pressed, which is lighter)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 16 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables for stir-frying (any combination)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Place cellophane noodles in a large bowl, pour over enough hot water to cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, set wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the oil and swirl to coat pan. Add ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add tofu and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add vegetables, broth, and noodles. Cook for 3 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender and noodles are tender. Serve hot.
Per serving: 379 kcal cal., 9 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 321 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 13 g pro., 427 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet