This soup is full of potassium, calcium, and vitamins plus it packs a zesty Mexican flavor.
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces (1/2 of a 4-ounce can) diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chip pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, chicken breast, onion, chilies, and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Add 1/4 cup chips to each, and sprinkle each with cheese and tomato. Serve.
Per serving: 155 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 328 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 18 g pro., 89 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet