Tuna Salad with Kidney Beans and Red Onion
This chunky, nutritional salad is sure to satisfy your hunger!
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 6 ounce can water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Combine the onion and cider vinegar in a small dish. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper in a medium bowl. Break up the tuna and add it to the mayo mixture, along with cucumber and kidney beans.
- Drain the onions in a colander and rinse well. Add to the tuna and stir to combine. Serve as a sandwich on whole-grain toast or as a salad with mixed greens and bread on the side.
Per serving: 231 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 439 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 18 g pro., 64 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet