Turkey Burger with Ponzu Carrot and Cucumber Ribbons
Ponzu, a Japanese version of vinaigrette, adds a spicy, citrusy twist to an otherwise traditional turkey burger.
For ponzo carrot and cucumber ribbons:
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons using vegetable peeler
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons using vegetable peeler
For turkey burgers:
- 16 ounces organic ground turkey, divided into four patties
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ciabatta buns, sliced and toasted
- To make ponzu carrot and cucumber ribbons, whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, sesame oil, and wasabi paste in a medium bowl until incorporated. Add carrot and cucumber ribbons and toss; set aside.
- Season turkey patties with a pinch each salt and pepper. Brush a grill grate with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Grill turkey patties for 5 to 6 minutes, or until burger releases from the grate without sticking. Flip and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- To build burgers, place a lettuce leaf and a patty on each ciabatta bun bottom. Add ponzu vegetable ribbons and a bun top.
- Recipe courtesy of Makani Gerardi
Per serving: 421 kcal cal., 15 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 46 g carb., 4 g fiber, 26 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet