Turmeric-Spiced Chicken Drumsticks
Turmeric is a unique anti-inflammatory spice that helps control stomach acid levels and is generally soothing to the gut. Bonus: It also calls for cardamom, which has heartburn reducing properties, and ginger, known to aid in digestion.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 14 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make spice blend by combining seasonings in a small bowl and stirring until well mixed. Set aside.
- Place chicken into a large mixing bowl and toss with the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle on spice blend and stir to coat all sides of chicken.
- Arrange drumsticks on a baking sheet with a roasting rack on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through cooking time.
- Turn oven up to broil and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes to get a nice crisp on skin.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- This recipe was provided by Dana Monsees for Further Food.
Per serving: 140 kcal cal., 8 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 141 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 14 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet