- 1 medium turnip
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Line or grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Grate the turnip and drain any water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Add the dry ingredients and grated turnip to the wet mixture; mix to combine. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving: 150 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 270 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet