Tuscan Roast Garlic and White Bean Spread
Serve this healthy snack with pita wedges or chopped fresh vegetables.
- 5 large heads garlic
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut off the top third of each garlic head so that the cloves are exposed. Place garlic cut-side up on a cookie sheet. Pour the oil over cloves. Roast for 30 minutes or until the garlic softens. Remove from oven and squeeze cloves into food processor. Add beans, lemon juice, and rosemary. Pulse a few times to incorporate all of the ingredients.
- Spread should be somewhat chunky.
Per serving: 60 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 10 g carb., 2 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 3 g pro., 40 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet