Vegan Raw Choc Coco Bites
It doesn't get much simpler than this sweet treat, with coconut, chocolate, and very little else.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For raw chocolate coating:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Add shredded coconut, coconut cream, coconut milk, and maple syrup into blender and pulse to create thick mixture. Grease baking tray with coconut oil.
- Making sure that your hands are clean, make rectangles or cylinders of mixture. You can also press mixture into a mini muffin pan or ice cube tray to form more consistent shapes.
- Place baking tray in fridge or freezer to allow mixture to set.
- To make coating, add coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup into a small pot.
- On low heat, stir mixture until combined. Set aside to cool.
- Remove coconut mixture from fridge or freezer.
- Using chopsticks or two spoons, dip one piece in raw chocolate mixture, making sure all sides are covered.
- Place chocolate-covered pieces back into fridge or freezer to set.
- Once raw chocolate has set, take out and repeat dipping process to create a thicker covering.
- Place in airtight container and store in fridge.
- Recipe courtesy of Good to Glow - Feel-Good Food by Tali Shine and Steph Adams, published by teNeues
- Image credit: Patrycia Lukas