Veggie and Cream Cheese Omelet
Something yummy to wake up to.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced vegetables (pick any combo: broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, spinach) and fresh herbs (like parsley or basil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 grapefruit
- Lightly coat a nonstick saute pan with cooking spray. Add vegetables and herbs; saute about 4 minutes until soft (cooking time varies depending on vegetables). Drain excess water and remove from stove.
- Whisk eggs, water, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Return pan with vegetables to the stove top; pour in egg mixture. Cook about 3 minutes until omelet is set. Top omelet with cream cheese and fold in half. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired. Serve with grapefruit.
Per serving: 258 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 21 g carb., 4 g fiber, 12 g sugar, 17 g pro., 145 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet