Wake Up From a Dream Smoothie
The protein from the milk in this smoothie increases energy by its metabolism-boosting effect, Kleiner says. It's also rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and potassium, which supports nerve conduction and muscle contraction and enables you to think more clearly and move more easily.
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons (1 scoop) vanilla whey protein isolate powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 large pinch ground ginger
- 5 - 8 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients together into a blender and blend until frothy and smooth.
- Cinnamon not only adds warm, sweet flavor, but this spice has also been shown to keep blood sugar levels in check by helping the body burn carbs for fuel.
Per serving: 285 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 39 g carb., 3 g fiber, 28 g pro., 252 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet